The Google Play (Android) Episode app version 12.2 is currently undergoing maintenance for some key features:
- Daily Challenges / Daily Reading Rewards
These features will be unavailable for a limited time while our team finishes their maintenance work. The team is working hard to update these features and return them to you as soon as possible, and we thank you for your patience in the meantime.
Here are some common questions and answers related to this maintenance event:
- How can I log in to my reading account if I'm unable to login to my profile via email?
- If you are unable to use the email login, please use the auto-generated Username and Password located in the Settings menu in your Episode app. This will restore your reading progress, Passes, and Gems, but the Profile section will still be unavailable. If you did not save your Username and Password before switching Android devices or reinstalling on the same Android device please contact support for assistance.
- How can I replay a story without the replay option?
- Unfortunately, there is no alternative at this time while the replay feature is undergoing maintenance.
- How can I view other author's Profiles so I can see their list of published stories and recommendations?
- To see an author's stories, we recommend searching them by name in the search feature, which should pull up their published stories. To view their recommendations, unfortunately, there is no alternative at this time. If you wish to learn about new stories that other authors recommend, we suggest joining the Episode Official Forums. On the forums, you can chat with Episode authors directly and find out what they are reading now!
- How can I complete my daily rewards challenges and weekly streak challenges?
- Unfortunately, while this feature is undergoing maintenance, the daily challenges and rewards will be unavailable.
- I reinstalled the app after updating to 12.2, and now I am receiving an error message asking me to update the app again, but Google Play says that no updates can be found?
- Currently, the 12.2 update is slowly being released to small groups of players at a time. Reinstalling the app may have temporarily removed your access to the 12.2 update. Once the 12.2 update is available for all players, you should then be able to update the app as per normal and access your account once again.
- I am an author and am unable to preview my story in the app due to being unable to log in to my account.
- If you are unable to preview your story in the Create section, please use the Portal Previewer to preview your story.
- When will this maintenance event end and the missing features be returned to the app?
- We do not have an exact estimate at this time as to when the maintenance will be completed, but we are working hard to get everything back to you as soon as possible and thank you for your patience.