Once you’ve created your story, the first step is to create characters.
- On your story page, tap “Characters” under Step 1.
- Choose the art style of your characters, Ink or Original.
- From the list of sample characters, choose a character. You can edit their look later.
- Give your character a name. This is how you refer to your character in the script.
- Save your character.
- The name you give your character will automatically act as their display name (or the name that is shown for them in the app), but if you’d prefer for their name to appear as something else in the app, you can change it. For example, maybe you want the script name of a character to be EXTRA1, but the display name to be BOB. On the screen where you can design your character, type the name that you’d like for your character in the “Display Name” box.
- Character names must be at least TWO letters long.
- The Original style will not get any additional updates. The Ink style is currently what we are supporting the most.