References to Assault, Violence & Torture:
- No graphic / explicit / detailed descriptions of rape / assault / violence / gore / etc.
- Authors can give general descriptions or broad strokes, but not details.
- Ex: they can say a rape / murder / assault happened, but cannot describe the details, injuries or physical sensations.
- Physical or sexual abuse can referenced provided the representation is respectful, contextually appropriate and doesn’t glorify being a victim / survivor.
- Torture cannot be depicted on screen. References to torture, and evidence of torture are allowed, but cannot be explicit or gratuitous.