If stories contain objectionable or offensive content, we may not be able to feature or host them on Episode. Stories must always be appropriate for readers ages 13 or older.
Stories and imagery would be objectionable if they:
- promote or depict excessive violence or assault, including but not limited to sexual assault, murder, and torture against humans or animals;
- include hate speech or content that promotes hatred or discrimination against individuals or groups, on the basis of race, ethnic or national origin, religion, marital status, disability, gender, age, or sexual orientation;
- promote suicide, self-harm, abuse, or bullying;
- promote excessive alcohol, tobacco or drug use;
- promote gambling, betting or casinos;
- portray adult themes, including pornographic content, nudity, or prostitution;
- slander or libel a person or third party;
- include excessive use of profanity or sexually explicit phrases;
- advertise for outside products or services, including but not limited to website links, reviews, and promotional language;
- excessively promotes the use of firearms, explosives, and ammunition; or
- excessively promotes a political agenda.
In addition, by publishing your story, you agree that it does not include any content that infringes the intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy of any third party. This may include using any of the following without permission:
- any works of authorship of other parties, including excerpts or passages taken from but not limited to literary works, songs, television, film, musicals and video games;
- any trademarks or references to corporate or business names; or
- any references to real persons or places.
If we find that a story does not conform to our Content Guidelines listed above, we will contact the author via their portal account email and may suspend and/or remove that story from the platform. Authors who repeatedly violate Content Guidelines may be temporarily or permanently suspended from all or part of our platform.
It is not possible for us to provide a list of everything that is (or is not) allowed on the Episode platform as many scenarios are heavily context-based and will need to be reviewed on an individual story-by-story basis. Remember that Episode is a platform for people age 13 and older and that adult-rated content is not allowed.
As always, please reach out to our Support Desk with any questions you have about content within your story. We’re here to help!
These guidelines are provided for reference purposes, but remain subject to our Terms of Service.