After you have successfully saved your screenplay and it is error free, play your story to make sure it looks good. You can find it under the “Write” tab in your app.
Readers must play from beginning to end in a linear fashion, but you can freely navigate in order to try out all the different paths of your story. During your playtest, the game will pause whenever you encounter an “if“ statement. This enables you to manually choose which path to take. Normal readers won’t see this of course, as the conditions are evaluated automatically. You can also turn this off by tapping “Navigation” and tapping “Disable Picker.”
Problems to look for when testing:
- Are there any warning pop-ups while playing?
- Are all my characters appearing on screen correctly?
- Am I missing backgrounds or clothing items?
- Can I reach all the possible paths?
- Do any choices lead to bad paths or unfinished paths?